Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Review - True Blood: The French Quarter #1

True Blood: The French Quarter #1 by IDW. Written by Mariah Huehner and David Tischman. Drawn by Claidia Balboni. $$3.99

I have never actually watched the show that this is based on, so in all honesty I have no clue what is going on, lol.

Now that being said, the comic was a decent read and is basically another "vampires are just out in the open" storyline. A storyline that is a mystery of vampires dying, all that have some sort of HIV blood virus. Plus the main female just happens to take a steamy shower with two of the male vampires doing some "cock-waving" over who she was thinking about. Like I said, I really have no fucking clue what is going on.

I will say the art is very well done, seeing as many of these types of comics (TV/Movie adaptations) tend to have shitty artists on them for some reason. But this girl really knows her craft well.

My over-all opinion of the issue would be: interesting. I think that it would be a hard title to get into, because if you didn't watch the TV series you wouldn't have a clue of what is going on. But, it does intrigue me enough to look into watching the series, so in that aspect, they did a good job.

So if your a fan of True Blood, you definitely will love this comic, if not, you won't because like me, you will have no clue as to what is going on.






No comments:

Post a Comment