Sunday, November 6, 2011

Review - Witch Doctor #1



Witch Doctor #1 by Image Comics. Written by Brandon Seifert. Drawn by Lukas Ketner. $2.99

First off, I have to apologize for the fact of loosing the original critique of this comic. I was positive that I had posted it, but unfortunately I hadn't.

This first installment of the limited series comes out with a bang. A young boy is possessed and the good doctor comes to his aid even to the dismay of the Priest that was trying to exorcise the boy. Once again the gadgets of the good doctor are amazing and unique and his "healing" brings new life into a old subject. These two guys have really brought a new and refreshing take on the witch doctor and horror as well.

In my first review of #0, I remarked that it read like a Doctors dictionary, looks like it was only for that issue. This one reads like a charm and everyone can easily understand what he is saying and referring to.

This comic is definitely worth picking up even if you wait for the upcoming trade paperback or pick up the second or third printings for the issues. I hope that this limited series is just a start for many more comics to come from these guys.





No comments:

Post a Comment