Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Review - Hellblazer #284

Hellblazer # 284 by Vertigo/DC Comics. Written by Peter Milligan. Drawn by Gael Bertrand. $2.99.

In this issue, the story line of John Constantine's coat continues as it becomes more and more sentient.

I have to admit this story has been rather good. I never would have thought that a story about his coat could interest me at all, but the writing on this is very well done. Also, we continue to see what is happening with Gemma, John's niece, the one that stole the coat and sold it on the Internet.

I was concerned for the title when I found out that DC decided to bring Constantine back into the "superhero" world, but it seems they now have two John Constantines. So as long as they keep him like the John we all know and love in the Vertigo title, they can do what they want in Justice League Dark.

I must note that the guest artist, Gael Bertrand, really did a good job. It constantly amazes me on the artists they get for this title, but amazes me more that many of them, the really good ones, you never see again drawing comics. I know it is a hard field to break into and stay working, but makes you wonder what happened to all these artists.






No comments:

Post a Comment